02nd June 2019 Current Affairs
National (27th May 2019 – 01st June 2019)
- Cabinet portfolios: Nirmala Sitharaman, first full-time woman finance minister
- Centre to bear cost of livestock vaccination
- Pension scheme for shopkeepers and traders
- Govt sets up a tribunal for adjudicating ban on LTTE
- BIMSTEC leaders invited to PM designate Modi’s oath-taking ceremony
- Lokpal launches competition for its logo
- OBC panel gets yet another extension
- ‘Hawa Aane De’ launched to spread awareness
- Narendra Modi to take oath as PM for 2nd term.
International (27th May 2019 – 01st June 2019)
- Indore’s Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar airport gets ‘international’ status
- Scott Morrison sworn in as Australia’s Prime Minister
- India elected in UN Executive Board
- James Marape elected as new PM of Papua New Guinea
- Nigerian President Buhari sworn in for second term.
- World’s tiniest surviving baby born in the US
- Netanyahu fails to form coalition govt
Sports (27th May 2019 – 01st June 2019)
- Apurvi Chandela bags gold medal in 10m Air Rifle in ISSF World Cup
- China beat Japan to win the 2019 Sudirman Cup
- Lewis Hamilton won Monaco Grand Prix
- Men’s compound team win bronze in Archery World Cup
- Ivo is the oldest man to win at Roland
- Saurabh Chaudhary wins 10m Air Pistol gold in ISSF World Cup
- Rahi Sarnobat won gold in WC
- Manu Bhaker secures India 7th Olympic quota
Appointments (27th May 2019 – 01st June 2019)
- Arun Kumar given additional charge of DGCA
- Flipkart co-founder joins Ujjivan Small Finance Bank as Director
- Prem Singh Golay sworn in as Sikkim Chief Minister
- Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neill resigns
- IIT-Madras alumni appointed new CTO of Walmart
- BS Dhanoa will be Chairman of COSC
- Anton Aditya Subowo re-elected as President of Badminton Asia
- Jefferies appoints Chris Wood as global head of equity strategy.
- Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal sworn in as Chief Justice of Meghalaya HC
Try out the quiz ?
1. Match the table i to the table ii.
Name (Table i)
Ministry (Table i)
1. Amit Shah
A. Foreign Minister
2. S. Jaishankar
B. Space Department
3. Narendra Modi
C. Tribal Affairs
4. Arjun Munda
D. Home Minister
5. Rajnath Singh
E. Defence Minister
Rajnath Singh Defense Minister, Amit Shah Home Minister, Arjun Munda Tribal Affairs Subramaniam Jaishankar Foreign Minister, Prime Minister of Narendra Modi; Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Ministry; Department of Atomic Energy; Space department
2. NASA is planning to send equipment to the surface of the Moon in from which year?
3. Who has taken charge as the 24th Chief of the Naval Staff?
Admiral Karambir Singh took charge as the 24th Chief of the Naval Staff.
4. Who has been taken the additional charge of DGCA?
Arun Kumar, a member of the prestigious IAS cadre, has been given the additional charge of DGCA.
5. On which day World No Tobacco Day being celebrated?
May 31 is observed as World No Tobacco Day.
6. Name of the Godfather actor who has died recently?
Carmine Caridi, who was best known for his roles in two Godfather films, has died at the age of 85.
7. According to FICCI survey what will be the India's GDP growth in FY20?
The country’s median GDP is forecast at 7.1 per cent for FY20 and 7.2 per cent for FY 21.
8. Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of which of the following High Court?
Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.
9. Manu Bhaker has secured India 7th Olympic quota. She is a.......
Indian shooter Manu Bhaker (17-year) secured India its seventh Olympic quota with a fourth-place finish in the women’s 10-meter air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup in Munich, Germany.
10. Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy has sworn as the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh. He is the leader of which party?
S. Jaganmohan Reddy, who led his YSR Congress Party to a thumping victory in the Assembly election, was sworn in on May 30 as the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
11. India's largest sewage treatment plant will stablish in which place?
The Delhi Jal Board (DJB) on May 29 approved the setting up of a new sewage treatment plant (STP) in Okhla which, it claimed, will be the largest such plant in India.
12. Sri Lankan Government has signed a tripartite agreement with which country for development of eastern terminal of Colombo port?
Sri Lankan Government has signed a tripartite agreement with India and Japan for development of eastern terminal of Colombo port.
13. Nobel Prize winning Physicist Murray Gell-Man has passed away. In which year he has won Nobel Prize?
Nobel laureate and American physicist, Murray Gell-Mann (89-years) passed away at his home in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Mann received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1969 for his work on the theory of elementary particles.
Who has taken charge of the India's first woman full-time finance minister of India?
For the first time since the 1970s, NASA is planning to to send equipment to the surface of the Moon in 2020 and 2021, in anticipation of a crewed lunar mission in 2024.